Shana Tova to the JLGB, we hope you’ve had a great 5777. As they enter 5778 and think about the year ahead, they have published their latest newsletter. To download click on the following link: http://mailchi.mp/jlgb/aodpnlhdjl-3173685?e=e3c54256cc
Dear Prayer Supporter,
We hope that you have had an enjoyable and restful summer, thank you for joining with us in prayer
as we begin another Brigade year.
“He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord
and put their trust in him” (Psalm 40:3).
- As we embark on another Brigade year please join with us in praying that God will use our organisation to impact on the lives and faith of children throughout the country.
- Please pray that He would guide and direct us so that the work of our organisation would be pleasing to Him.
- This month we are thanking God for the opening of St Peter's Company, Drogheda.
- We pray that He would continue to expand our organisation into the Republic of Ireland.
- Please pray for the new leaders of this company and for the development team as we support them.
- Our 2nd Battalion Chaplain, the Reverend Paul McAdam has recently moved to Aghalee Parish, we pray that he and his family would settle in to their new parish and home quickly.
- Please also pray that leaders would come forward for the new company Reverend McAdam hopes to open in the Parish.
- Please join with us in praying for two of our leaders from Fivemiletown, Andy and Wendy who tragically lost their eldest daughter, Amanda, at the end of June. We pray that they and the
whole family circle would know God's comfort and arms around them at this very difficult time.
- Please pray for Jordan, a leader from Seagoe Boys' company, who has been unwell in hospital and is awaiting further treatment. Please pray for wisdom for the doctors who are treating him
and strength for him and his family, especially his mother, Margaret, who is also a leader at
- Please also join with us in praying for Denise, who was a leader in Seagoe boys until she took ill a few years ago. Please remember Denise in your prayers as she is particularly unwell at present.
As our leaders meet in Battalion meetings over the coming weeks please pray for guidance and
direction for the years activities.
Thank you for your continued prayers for the CLCGB
If you have any prayer points which you would like to be included in next months prayer letter please email
me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
As you may be aware the Brigade are holding a National Anniversary Parade and Service on Saturday 18th November at York Minster. The parade will be forming up at 1pm and the service starts at 2.15pm. All Brigade members and leaders are invited.
Any CLCGB musicians, that wish to play at the 125th Anniversary Parade and Church Service, are invited to the rehearsal on Sunday 29th October. The rehearsal will take place between 1000-1400hrs at:
Raywell Park, Raywell, The East Riding of Yorkshire, HU16 5YL
Due to the limited time available, the rehearsal will be intense. Therefore companies should only put forward their more experienced musicians. Those wishing to participate must attend this rehearsal, as unfortunately, it will not be possible to have a rehearsal on the day.
For further information, or if you have any questions, please contact Lionel Burdett (email@example.com).
PLEAE NOTE: CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 12NOON FRIDAY 15Th SEPTEMBER.
We currently have only filled 13 out of the 65 places. Please show your support and attend this memorial event.
Audrey has applied for tickets for the Cenotaph Veterans’ Parade in Whitehall on Sunday 12 November 2017.
And is pleased to inform you that we have an allocation of 65 tickets the most we have ever received and it would be fantastic to fill all the places and show how our organisation contributed to our country over the 125 years of service.
The British Legion will allow carers to accompany any veteran, as long as we include them in our ticket allocation, if you have any senior members who would like to be involved please invite and accompany them.
As I am sure you understand, the Cenotaph Parade is oversubscribed and there are a maximum of 10,000 places available. The Royal British Legions aim is to achieve a balance of representation across that total which accurately reflects the wider Veteran community, including from the Commonwealth. The Legion seeks to fairly ensure that as many Veteran Associations and Military Charities as is possible are represented on the parade. Within that intent, numbers have been allocated by prioritising those who have served on operations, both military and civilian, followed by others representing their remaining ex-Service membership and Bereaved Spouses.
Participant details - basic personal information for each participant. You must complete this by Friday 15 September 2017.
- Ex Service personnel holding a campaign medal
- Civilians deployed on operations in support of military (includes police, fire service)
- Ex-service personnel with no campaign medal
- Bereaved spouses or other immediate family (of those who died on operations
- Veteran association representatives
- Military Charities and associated civilian group
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Post code
- Military number (where applicable)
Due to heightened security measures the Metropolitan Police will conduct individual security checks on all participants.
Tickets will be sent to NHQ in October, by post, along with Joining Instructions for the day. We will then distribute these to the participants.
If you require parking please request when emailing NHQ with your personal details.
If you have any queries please contact Audrey Simm Chief Executive firstname.lastname@example.org 01709876535 Ext 3 or mobile 07950 676860