DofE Institute for Outdoor Learning
The Institue for Outdoor Learning are hosting – in association with the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award North West – IOL Enabling Outdoor Learning© for Teachers
October 25th 9.30 – 4.30 at the Anderton Centre, Chorley
Workshops –Presentations – Networking Opportunities - Signposting to other training, advice + guidance
- Planning a DofE Expedition in the UK and Overseas
- Using SatMap
- Expedition Food
- An Introduction to the John Muir Award
- Dark Sky Discovery – practical astronomy for groups
- Nature Detectives
- Problem Solving & Teambuilding Activities
- What to do with Young People on a Rainy Night on Camp?!
- Leave No Trace
- Water Safety for Teachers
- Autumn’s Free Wild Harvest - foraging for wild foods and useful plants
- Crafty Communication Workshop
- Top Tips for Teaching Navigation
- Facilitating Groups and Teams
To see the FULL BROCHURE with DETAILS OF THE WORKSHOPS AND PRESENTERS click on the following document.
Fee: £95 per person. The fee includes one year Concessionary IOL Membership for all Teachers and those who are helping to deliver the curriculum.
HOW TO BOOK:
- Email reply to [email protected] at IOL with names, addresses and especially the email addresses of all those you would like to book for. We will invoice for your places.
- Book online here: http://www.outdoor-learning.org/Default.aspx?tabid=127&EventTypeId=4
- By phone to 01228 564580
For any queries before booking please speak to Richie [email protected]