Recipes - Biscuits
- 100g/3½oz unsalted butter,
- 100g/3½oz caster sugar
- 1 free-range egg,
- 275g/10oz plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, a little at a time, until well combined.
- Stir in the flour until the mixture comes together as a dough.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of 1cm/½in.
- Using biscuit cutters, cut biscuits out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray.
- Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to harden for 5 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.